To Return Or Not To Return: Retailers’ Rights and Responsibilities Under Australian Law
As Christmas fast approaches, issues surrounding returns and refunds arise with increasing frequency. At Pod Legal, we’ve noticed that the same questions keep arising among retailers:
- Can a retailer refuse to give a refund because the returned item is not in its original packaging?
- If a consumer decides to return a product merely because they have changed their mind, can a retailer refuse a refund/return?
- Can a retailer simply replace one product with a different one which is around the same price?
So, we have created a quick and simple to read eBook to answer these questions.
The eBook considers retailers’ obligations under Australian law. Specifically, it covers:
- The law governing refunds, exchanges and returns;
- Retailers’ obligations under the law; and
- Penalties for non-compliance with the law, including some examples of non-compliance.
The eBook will give you confidence when it comes to returns and refunds. After reading it, you will what to do when a customer approaches the counter with a plastic bag and a sheepish grin.
If you want a quick guide to what you can and can’t do when it comes to returns and refunds, then this eBook is definitely for you.
Contact us for a copy of our our FREE eBook.